Past Events 2006
Falls Prevention Workshop
Presented by: Council on Aging Windsor-Essex County
Venue: Oak Park Terrace, Windsor, Ontario
Date: May 15, 2006
Time: 2:00 pm
Event Details: Free Falls Prevention Workshop. Learn about falls
and falls prevention for the residents and family.
This workshop was presented to seniors, caregivers, families, staff
and friends to promote safety.
Falls Prevention Workshops are available upon request from the community, seniors groups/clubs, Houses of Worships/Churches,
and health care providers.
For more information click on the link below:
Taking My Turn (A Musical)
Hosted by: Council on Aging, Windsor - Essex County
Venue: Mission Theatre, Windsor, Ontario
Date: May 5,6,7,12,13,14, 2006
Taking my turn is a musical based on the
writings of people in their prime.
Click on the links below for further information
Hosted by: The World Health Organization (WHO)
Venue: Centres for Seniors 635 McEwan Avenue, Windsor, Ontario
Date: Sunday October 1st, 2006
Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Giovanni CABOTO Club, 2175 Parent Avenue
Date: December 6, 2006
Time: 4:30 - 8:00 p.m.
This event will support the following 12 local charities;
Council on Aging, Aids Committee, Big Brothers Big Sisters,
Habitat for Humanity, Sexual Assault Crisis Centre,
St. Mary's Family Learning Centre, Child Abuse Prevention Council, Schizophrenia Society, VON, Iris Residential Inns and Services,
Good fellows and Fools for Health.
There were 12 theme gift baskets with a combined valued
of $4100. Each basket was valued over $300 each.
Ticket prices were $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00
1. Mexican Fun Filled Night (Big Brothers/Sisters) --Jerry Belanger
2. BBQ Basket (Child Abuse Prevention Council) --P. Talbot
3. Family Fun (St. Mary's Learning Centre) --Tom Hartley
4. Iris House -- D. Cadieux
5. Cheese Lovers ( Council on Aging) -- Wayne Little
6. Sexual Assault Crisis Centre --Hazel Hartley
7. Comfort & Joy (Fools for Health) --Travis Butts
8. Chocolate Lovers (VON) -- James Marentette
9. Handyman's (Habitat for Humanity) -- J. Lucier
10. Music Boxes (Goodfellows) --Misty Habib
11. Garden Lovers (Schizophrenia Society) -- Jerry Dick
12. Aids Committee of Windsor -- James Baker